This is the current list of resources, services, software, and tools we both use to save money and invest in our financial independence. We only list things we actually use.
- Betterment: The primary tool we use on our way to early retirement and living off 4% strategy.
- Personal Capital: One of the best ways to keep track of your capital across all different mediums.
- Stockpile: By far the best way to buy fractional shares of high-profile stocks such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Apple.
- Wealthfront: Savings account with 2.24% APY, FDIC insurance, unlimited transfers, and no fees.
- Ally: Savings account with 2.20% APY, FDIC insurance, no fees, and 24/7 support.
- ICTaxAdvisors: A CPA firm laser-focused on helping freelancers and self-employed individuals reduce their taxes, audit risks, and headaches. They’ll create an S Corporation for you and even run payroll. They are ridiculously good at it and save us thousands of dollars every year.
- Medi-Share: Both of us now use this for our health insurance. This has saved us thousands of dollars in premiums. Check out our in-depth Medi-Share review.
- Jetty: Better, more affordable renters insurance from $5/mo.
- Root: Think of Root as the new way to do car insurance. We both switched over from State Farm and save over $40/month on our insurance payments and have even higher coverage. It also comes with 24×7 roadside assistance for no extra charge.
- Google Project Fi: As far as a cell phone provider goes this is incredible and saves us a ton of money. We both switched from Verizon and couldn’t be happier. Check out our Project Fi review.